Andrew J. Nissen
- Associate Attorney
Andrew Nissen joined Aldrich Goldstein in 2014, bringing several years of experience litigating on behalf of general contractors and developers at a well-respected insurance defense firm.
Andrew represents residential and commercial property owners in seeking recovery of repair costs and damages related to defective construction. He also represents contractors in payment disputes, insurance coverage issues, and assists with contract drafting and project documentation and claim management.
During law school at the University of Oregon, Andrew served as Articles Editor for the Oregon Review of International Law. He was also active in Moot Court competitions and the Oregon Law Students Public Interest Fund and participated in the University's Portland Program, where he gained experience in property management and development while interning in the legal department of a major retailer. He achieved high marks for his final project with the Portland Program: a national survey of construction defect litigation and best practices.
Prior to law school, Andrew worked in shipping and logistics for a global manufacturer of mining equipment as well as for a stainless steel products manufacturer serving the construction and high-tech industries.
Areas Of Practice
- Construction Law
- Products Liability
- Oregon, 2009
- U.S. District Court District of Oregon
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Oregon
- University of Oregon School of Law, Eugene, Oregon
- Juris Doctor
- Honors: Moot Court competitions
- Honors: Oregon Law Students Public Interest Fund
- Honors: University's Portland Program
- University of Portland, Portland, Oregon
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Major: English
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Multnomah Bar Association , Member, Present
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, Member, Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Board Member - Southeast Community Food Pantry, 2016 - Present